How to enter and entry form
Make sure you read the terms and conditions and awards categories before completing your entry. You must log in and complete an entry form for each entry. Once you have logged in information is saved so you can go back to your entry to change and edit it before submitting your entry. At the end of the entry process you will be required to select a payament option – see below re Entry Fees and Payment.
Once you have submitted your entry you will receive an email confirmation from us. You can then upload your film(s). See Uploading Your Digital Files at the bottom of this page.
- All entries must have had their first UK screening between 1 May 2016 and 31 May 2017. This includes television broadcast, scheduled screenings within recognised film, television and documentary festivals, theatrical releases and entries will be accepted which have screened on digital platforms only – eg Netflix, iPlayer, Amazon – as long as the screening was accessible by a UK-based audience.
- Entries will no longer be accepted on DVD and will need to be uploaded to our secure site.
- Entries for the Best Documentary Series and Best Constructed Documentary Series categories must provide a minimum two episodes from the series.
- We will accept entries into the Series categories if one or more episodes are screened within the qualifying period.
- In the case of entries into the Best Cinema Documentary category, the film must have had a theatrical release in the UK within the qualifying period. For the purposes of this award a theatrical release is a screening in a UK cinema, open to the general public, for a period of at least seven days. The screenings can be in different cinemas and do not have to be on consecutive days.
- For the Single Documentary Categories – Domestic and International - only single documentaries will be accepted not episodes from a series; though episodes from strands are acceptable, eg Panorama, Dispatches, etc.
- Fully dramatised programmes or drama docs are no longer eligible for the awards.
- You may submit your entry into more than one category. For each individual entry into each individual category you must provide a separate online entry from and entry fee.
Entry Fees and Payment
Payment can be made online via PayPal with a debit or credit card when you submit your entry. You can pay by Visa/Delta/Electron, MasterCard/Eurocard, Maestro or American Express. Alternatively you can call us with your credit card details (Visa and MasterCard only) or you can pay by bank transfer. Information will be provided at the end of the entry process and in the confirmation email you receive. We will send you a VAT receipt once payment has cleared.
The fee per entry is £295 + VAT @ 20% (£354) except for the Student category which is £25 + VAT @ 20% (£30) and Documentary Short which is £120 + VAT @ 20% (£144) .
Entries will not be accepted into the competition until payment has been received and this should be no later than 31 May 2017. Uploads of entered programmes must be made by 31 May 2017.
Uploading Your Digital Files for Judging
Once the submission is made on the website you will receive a confirmation email. You will then be able to upload your files for judging. We recommend that you submit your files in one of the following specifications:
Maximum file size of 4GB per file.
- Codec - Quicktime H.264
- Bit rate - 5,000 kb/s CBR
- Frame size - 720 x 576
- Codec - AAC - 320 kb/s Low Complexity
- Sample size - 16 bit
- Sample Rate - 48kH
- Codec - Apple Pro Res 422 (HQ)
- Frame size - 1920 x 1080
- Codec - Linear PCM
- Sample size - 24bit Big Endian Integer
- Sample Rate - 96kHz
© 2017 The Grierson Trust. All rights reserved.